1 1/2 lbs. Kabocha Squash
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 inch cube ginger, minced
1 tsp. Panch Phoran (see note)
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
You can buy Panch Phoran on my shop page.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rinse squash before cutting, seed and cut it into 1/4 inch thick half moons. There is no need to peel Kabocha, the skin is thin and gets tender during roasting.
- Mix cut up squash, garlic, ginger, Panch Phoran, salt, pepper and olive oil in a bowl, tossing to make sure squash is evenly coated.
- Spread in a foil lined, oiled baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with Balsamic vinegar.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and serve!
Copyright © Rashmi Rustagi 2012. All Rights Reserved.