1 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp. Panch Phoran
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
pinch of asafoetida (optional)
1/2 lb. okra cut into 1/4 inch disks
1 medium tomato diced
1/4 tsp. salt
You can buy Panch Phoran on my shop page.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Add Panch Phoran.
- When spices begin to crackle, add cayenne pepper and asafoetida, stir and immediately add okra, tomatoes and salt.
- Stir and cook covered for 5-7 minutes, stirring a couple of times to release the steam and to turn okra over.
- Lower the heat, uncover and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until okra starts to brown.
- Serve hot with Daal and rice.
Copyright © Rashmi Rustagi 2012. All Rights Reserved.