This combination of potatoes and peas has a unique South Indian flavor that goes well with Dosas. This is a classic dish that is served as an option for stuffing Dosas (called Masala), with chutney on the side. I love the taste of crunchy peanuts so I always sprinkle some on mine, but that is optional.
3 medium potatoes
2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. black mustard seeds
1-2 dried red chilies (optional)
10-12 fresh curry leaves
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. asafetida (optional)
1 cup sliced onions
1 cup fresh or frozen English peas
1 1/2 tsps. salt
1/4 roasted peanuts (optional)
- Boil the potatoes, peel and break into small, bite size pieces (about 3 cups).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds and chilies.
- When seeds start to pop, add curry leaves. Stir.
- Add turmeric and asafetida. Stir.
- Add the onions and sauce until transparent and starting to change color.
- Add peas and salt. Stir, add a couple of tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes on low heat until peas are almost tender.
- Add potatoes, mix well, cover and cook on low heat until heated through, 3-4 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, sprinkle with peanuts and serve!
Copyright © Rashmi Rustagi 2021. All Rights Reserved.
3 thoughts on “Aloo Matar for Dosa (Potatoes and Peas for Dosa)”
There are so many restaurant marketing strategies that are permanently in the too-hard basket. And talking to marketing a pro only makes it more confusing with all the mumbo jumbo. Try to use reputable marketing agency like SideDishMedia
Hi there to everybody, it’s my first go to see of this web site; this weblog consists of awesome and in fact good stuff for visitors. Hurrah, that’s what I was exploring for, what stuff! Existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this web site. You can also visit indian store grocery for more hongkongbazaar related information and knowledge.